Friday, 4 January 2013

Outfit Post: Little Pink Dress

Dress - Topshop // Top, ShoesBag - Forever 21
Hey there! I hope you've been enjoying 2013 so far. I don't know about where you live but it's been quite cold in Chicago. People think I'm insane for wearing skirts and dresses in 16 degree weather but I think that as long as you layer up and stop the whining it's not that bad! I swear if I had a signature look for winter it would be dresses and skirts layered with collared shirts and tights. It's my favorite way to layer because you can play with different textures, prints and colors.

I bought this pink textured dress from Topshop with the intentions of wearing it to a party but that didn't end up happening. I still loved the textured details and gorgeous pink color of this dress so I decided to keep it. To style this dress casually I, of course, layered it with my collared blouse and black tights and added a belt. I bought this cute little teal bag from Forever 21 the other day. I'm a sucker for bright, fun colors so I just couldn't resist. Plus, it was only $13! The bag was randomly lying on top of this dress while I was putting other outfits together and I really loved the combination of these two colors. That's the thing about style; sometimes it happens by accident and it just works! 

I haven't actually worn this outfit yet. As soon as I find a way to style something I like to capture it and share it with you. It may take away from the element of surprise when I actually wear it somewhere but possibly helping or inspiring you is worth it! I hope you enjoyed this outfit post. Tell me what you think :)

Photobucket
twitterbird1facebook1pinterest1instagram1bloglovin1

2 comments:

Your lovely comments make my day. Tell me what you think of this post, xo!

09 10