Sunday, 18 November 2012

Outfit Post: Pretty Pink Peplum

Happy Monday loves! I always get so excited to do outfit posts so you can get a taste of my personal style. The thought of actually inspiring someone with one of my outfits brings a smile to face. I hope you enjoy these posts as much as I do. This is another look that I wore to work a while ago. I love bright colors and I'm not afraid to wear them just because it's Fall or it's not 'on trend'. 


Blouse - Forever 21
Peplum Top - Topshop
Jeans - Local Boutique (similar)
Shoes - A'gaci
Clutch - Francesca's Collection
Rings - H&M


It was a rather gloomy day in Chicago so I decided to brighten it up with this magenta pleated peplum top. I bought this top in the summer during one of my many shopping sprees but never wore it. I hated to see this lovely piece just hanging out in my closet, waiting until next summer to be worn so I played around with it and found a way to make it work for the cooler temperatures. If you didn't know how to wear your peplum top in Fall, here's an idea! Layer it with a collared blouse like I did, for a classy, girly look. This is such a cute way to layer and make the peplum top Fall-appropriate.


Peplum tops, skirts and dresses have been trending for quite some time now. I love this trend because it nips you at the waist and creates the illusion of curves as it flares out and hits you right at the hips. The peplum is a petite girl's best friend! I decided to wear black skinny jeans with my top. I thought this outfit was a great play on office attire. This is more of a casual professional look. If you don't want to wear your peplum with jeans or pants you can wear a bodycon skirt and tights instead.


I actually bought these jeans from a boutique in the Cayman Islands but you can find a great pair from Topshop. I chose to whip out these funky platform booties to complete this look. I thought they were a great way to make the outfit a bit more fun. Of course, I couldn't wear these babies to work. I opted for a pair of black ankle booties with a much lower heel. You can do the same if you don't feel like wearing super high heels.


I am absolutely in love with this clutch that I bought from Francesca's Collection's additional 30% off sale that they had last month. It has this snake skin texture and this cool blue-gray color. Francesca's has such cute bags and I caught I really great sale. This is one of the three bags that I purchased and I paid under $75! I think I'll do a post to show you the others that I bought. I also wore these stacked rings from H&M that went great with my necklace.


I thought the color of the clutch went great with the color of this top. Remember, not everything has to match, it just has to coordinate. I love how the the light color of this clutch made my bright top pop. I took this charm necklace that I wore from my mother. I love the little details on the different charms.


Do you love or hate the peplum trend? Would you wear this outfit?

Have a lovely week :)

Photobucket
Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

5 comments:

  1. I love the shoes and your bag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is very pretty in pink. Very pretty. Oh I just bought a beautiful Swarovski Purple Ballpen. It is a shop in Japan that delivers worldwide ...Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been seeing your outfits on Instagram and I must say I really love your style!! Now following you here as well! :)
    xx
    Dee-VineAnonyme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much love. I feel the same! I always love your outfits <3

      Delete

Your lovely comments make my day. Tell me what you think of this post, xo!

09 10